Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Alcatel looks forward to retro-styled 'vintage' slider


Alcatel Mobile Phones' latest offering may not appeal to phone fans looking for the latest technology, but it looks a solid enough handset for consumers with more modest needs.

Dubbed the OT-C825 Vintage Slider, it's anything but old fashioned: the handset has dedicated music playback keys; a 176 x200, 262,144-colour display; Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP wireless stereo technology; and a six-hour talk time.

The camera's resolution is a little behind the times - it's just 1.3 megapixels - but it'll work as a webcam if the phone's connected to a PC's USB port.

Perhaps it's the phone's "smokey brown" colour scheme that gives it that "vintage" feel? It's certainly got a dour, retro quality to it reminscent of bakelite radios and their ilk.

The OT-C825 comes with a 128MB MicroSD card for song storage. It's a tri-band GSM device.

Alcatel said the phone will go on sale in the June/July timeframe, but it didn't say how much the Vintage Slider will cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog.Now kindly thanks the publisher by clicking any (ads) available in the blog.You can use My Google Search Engine as your default search engine.Add Comments to my blog posts and share it via different social networks. Mention the flaws left in posts and let me able to better my blog. Moreover,You can suggest me some related links to my blog posts.Bookmark it,soon you will need it again.I will be personally thankful to you.